Christ Our King Stella Maris Home & School Association
BE INSPIRED * COK-SM’s HSA is a group of parents, teachers, and guardians excited about the future of our kids at Christ Our King – Stella Maris School. Join us and help make a difference in hundreds of lives, including the ones closest to your heart.
BE INFORMED * Joining the Home & School Association provides an excellent opportunity for parents to meet one another, get comfortable with the school and its staff, and support each other’s common goals. Plus, we have a lot of fun in the process!
BE INVOLVED * We need your unique talents, whether it’s volunteering a few hours a month or a few hours a year, serving on a committee, chairing an event, attending meetings or sharing your ideas.
COK-SM HSA MISSION STATEMENT
Home and School Association (HSA) is an organization that exists exclusively for the charitable, religious and education purposes of Christ Our King - Stella Maris School. Our purpose is to help facilitate the needs of parents and staff members, provide open communication between the parents and staff members and to enhance our student's learning environment. Various social and educational events shall be used to meet these goals.
1. To help parents and teachers acquire a profound appreciation of the ideals of Catholic education.
2. To promote a close relationship between parents and teachers in regard to education through informational programs of mutual interest.
3. To foster effective communication and cooperation between parents and teachers.
4. To enhance the school and school activities through fund-raising programs.
5. To improve the educational conditions and physical surrounding of the children.
There are 4 general HSA meetings, held on Thursdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the Catholic Community Life Center Gym. Students will receive a TAG Day* for any HSA Meeting attended by their parent(s). These meetings are fun, informative, and a great place to get to know other parents. Hope to see you there!
2018-2019 HSA Meeting Dates:
September 6th, November 8th, March 20th, and May 8th
**Tasteful Approved Garments only. Please consult the COK-SM student handbook for TAG Day attire guidelines. TAG day slips must be presented to homeroom teachers.
Click for 2018-2019 HSA Welcome Packet